Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Lazy Wednesday


Today was my day off and I started out by getting the boy off to school. He has been MUCH better in the mornings. Between meds, getting a detention that he hated and just plain maturity-I think he has grown dramatically in the past month alone. I have not had school call with any problems, he has been pretty pleasant around the house too. I just got his progress report and he got all C's and better. A far cry from the four F's that graced the last report! So things are definitely looking up. YEEHAW!
I went to a women's meeting with a friend this afternoon (after sleeping in MOST of the day-not good). I am glad she called me because I was THINKING of going but in the back of my mind I really didn't want to go. When I got the call, I suggested we go to the women's meeting that she had never attended and off we went. She loved it, and I am glad I got off my butt and went. We are planning on doing this every week-we shall see if I follow through. I have been having a problem with following through on anything for a while now. I procrastinate the shit outta everything and out of all of my character defects, this one bothers me the most. When I DO get off said butt I am pretty happy with what I get accomplished. Its the actual physically MOVING my ass and getting going that's the issue. If my GF had not called me, I would have stayed home. I am a work in progress, and always will be. I called it procrastination and I really need to face what it really is. Its laziness. Laziness can and will get me into trouble. I am going to start to pray on that for myself. Yep that's what I will do, give it to God and hopefully He will give me the energy and strength I need to get even the simplest things done. I think it has a lot to do with depression as well. Look at me, diagnosing MYSELF. Now I am my own therapist too.
I am gonna go read some of your experience, strength and hope and wish you all a great evening. Its truly a gift to be sober today, I might even try it again tomorrow. QUEEN.....OUT

8 comments:

Syd said...

It sounds like a good meeting. Sometimes I just need a lazy day.

DM said...

oh, don't you hate when you don't feel like doing something you know you should do??

My sister is really good at getting me off my ass, too. Thank God for girlfriends and sisters.

Anonymous said...

Hey girl. I'm lazy too. Very lazy. If it wasn't for my kids and work, I probably wouldn't get off the couch all day.

Thanks for stopping by :)

Lou said...

I disapprove of laziness..LOL. My family calls me the drill sergeant, if that gives you a clue! I really need to find the place between hyperactive and total vegetation.

When I find it, I'll let you know, Queenie Sweetie.

Bill said...

The best meetings are usually the ones you don't want to go to.

That's really cool that your son is improving in so many ways.

Unknown said...

Hey there Queenee...you know if it weren't for my job, I'd never probably leave my house outside of only doing things I had interest in..LMAO, and I think that it is very necessary to have a "do nothing" day once in awhile to re-charge.
Love
g

sober white women said...

Oh I so need a nap and it is still early here! Sometimes slow is good.
Kelli

Sage Ravenwood said...

I have those days I have to literally make myself get up and do something. I finally got to the point of making a list of what had to be done that day. Sort of like eating the food on your plate you don't like first to get it over with when your a kid. When I accomplish a few task, I reward myself with something I truly want to do, online time - reading you name it. It's a bitch to get in the habit of doing. Otherwise I procrastinate everything and anything. (Hugs)Indigo