Sunday, October 25, 2009
I found the perfect gift for my son today. His birthday is in a few weeks and I stumbled upon this here item and snatched that shit right up. It is a ONE POUND Reese's Peanut Butter Cup candy bar......Actually it is a package of TWO cups, each 8 ounces. ITS HUMUNGOUS! He is going to love it! SCORE!
Thanks for letting me share...QUEEN.....OUT
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
I see people coming in and out of the rooms of AA. Some just go out and never come back. Some are are still out there suffering and some are dead. This is a deadly disease and when I see a fellow AA member out there suffering it not only hurts but it also helps me. It helps me by reminding me of where I will be if I choose to drink again.
I thankfully still have my job and recently I have seen someone from the fellowship (FORMALLY-I suppose) who is ripping us off blind and coming in to return the items for cash. This is someone who asked me to sponsor her and I agreed to do it temporarily. She never called me and the next time I saw her was months later when she came back and got her one year chip. I remember feeling relieved that she was still working her program.
I know her and I feel for her, but I try to intercept the transaction when I see her in the store. I will NOT give her cash. She looks like hell and she doesn't even know who I am. Or maybe she does and just doesn't care. She is back out there and it's incredibly sad.
All I can do is pray for her and others that are out there suffering. They know where to go for help and I hope they make it back safely.
I am grateful for AA and the fellowship. I pray that I will not have to worry about coming back in, but you just never know.
I heard something profound in a meeting last night that I would like to share with you. My friend Peter was sharing and he said "I have never heard of someone going back out there and drinking again that prayed to their Higher Power that morning to keep them from a drink for that day." This man has quite a few 24 hours and I love what he has to say, every time he shares.
You all have a great HUMP day and stay sober with me.....QUEEN....OUT
Monday, October 19, 2009
Sunday, October 18, 2009
I am doing pretty good. I have been a bit busy, but that's NO excuse for not keeping up here in blogger land. I have been in reading and commenting here and there but I need to get back to regular blogging. I love it here and it is an important part of my recovery and just like my meetings I can't let it just slip away. We all know what complacency leads too. But I am really doing well. Here is a bullet list for ya~
- I went to an awesome meeting tonight. Cold and rainy but shit that NEVER stopped me from going to the damn packy so off I went.
- Prince is doing soooo good in school. He is really trying his best. He missed making up a test on Friday after school and he emailed his teacher ON HIS OWN to apologize and reschedule. I didn't even know he knew HOW to do this!! (email)
- Sister is fine and so is my sweet little (19 yrs old) niece. Its nice to have people around here for a change. At one point today you would have thought it was Christmas with all the relatives that were here. Cool. Really Cool!
- It actually SNOWED here the other night. And my heat does not work. But we just bundled up and turned on a few space heaters and I had my little shit of a dog to snuggle up with and nobody froze to death.
- Oh - this one is GOOD. I ran into my FIRST EVER BOYFRIEND in my regular Tuesday night meeting. HA! When I told him who I was he freaked out (in a good way) and he said " I had the BIGGEST crush on you". Ha, well OF COURSE HE DID!
- My big brother (Uncle Drunkle) is out of the hospital and I am happy to report that he has not had a drink since he was released! YAY. Don't know if he is going to stick with it, but for now this is definitely a good thing and he feels great.
- I am kinda gettin pissed that for some reason I cannot seem to copy and paste from one blog to another. Anyone else having this problem?
- The other day I had a button pop off of my jeans. Then, the zipper went on another pair. While I was at WORK. I had to keep hiking up my draws all damn day. It was real attractive. I wish my damn dryer would STOP shrinking all my damn clothes!!! Yea, that's what it must be, THE DRYER. It could NOT be the Blasto-O-Butter popcorn that I consume every freakin day, nope that's not it.
Well you all have a kick ass evening and I will see you soon.....Queen.....OUT
Thursday, October 8, 2009
The rules are as follows:
Answer the survey below…you can only use one word answers!
Pass this along to 6 of your favorite bloggers!
Alert them that you have given them this award!
Where is your cell phone?- pocket
Your hair? - "lightening"
Your mother?- hilarious
Your father? – missed
Your favorite food?-all
Your dream last night?-wet
Your favorite drink? icedcoffee
Your dream/goal? – happiness
What room are you in?- living
Your hobby?-facebook (so I'm a LOSER-Whatever)
Your Fear?- Loss
Where do you want to be in 6 years? –alive
Where were you last night? – Home
Something that you aren’t? drunk
Wish list item? maid
Where did you grow up? southeast
Last thing you did? dishes
What are you wearing? hoodie
Your TV? fabulous
Your pets? outside
Your life? content
Your mood? bored
Missing someone? nope
Something you’re not wearing? pasties
Your favorite store? cvs
Your favorite color? green
When was the last time you laughed? today
Last time you cried? dunno
One place that I go to over and over? work
One person who emails me regularly? vivvy
Favorite place to eat? any
I'm going to pass this to:
Ann H. at My Magic Nation~because she rocks and has been absent as of late and needs to get her sweet ass back to bloggin.
Farrell at Nothing Gained, Nothing Lost~I pass this on to you dearest Farrell because I can so identify with you and love reading you.
Sarah at Complications of a Perfect Life~I heart you Sarah and am proud of how you are doing with everything that's going on-you are amazing!
Akaannie at Elegant Blessings~An amazing woman, who always writes just what I need to hear, when I need to hear it. Love her.
Far From Ordinary at Shes Come Undone~A newcomer to recovery, I visit her often. If you read this dear, I have tried to leave comments but I cannot. A black screen is all I see and it pisses me off! I really would like to comment so if that is something that can be fixed that would be great. We are here to help if we can!
and lastly to Hurricane Rojo at I've Got POOP In My Pocket because I just love her to pieces. AND she totally got me the coolest gift from her vacation this summer and I LOVE PRESENTS! I can be bought people, just so you know.
I hope you all have a great night!! QUEEN....OUT
How bout a gratitude list to get me going again. It's been too long and I have much to be grateful for~~
- I had a follow up meeting with Princes new school and they are PLEASED WITH HIS PROGRESS. WHEW! I knew my boy could do it!
- Drunkle Uncle is home and on the mend. Hopefully he won't be stopping by any liquor stores and time soon.
- Its fall and I am so glad to have all that hotness go the hell away. Queenie does not like to sweat-unless of course if its during all that hot sex that I still ain't gettin' any of. Dammit
- Even if there was the sex going on, where the hell would I have it? I have a house full. BUT I am grateful for that as well. I just love my family-I really do.
- Sister is still here and I am so glad she has stuck it out and stayed here. There's no going back for her now. Thank you GOD.
- Blasto-Butter Popcorn. Nuff said.
- The ability to get up and go to work every day, since I don't see anyone busting down the door to pay my bills. Mama need her a sugar daddy.
- Actually I DON'T need a sugar daddy, I have always been able to support myself and my family. For this I AM grateful.
- Good meetings and great recovery friends. WE can not do this alone.
- Iced Coffee. Not that Starbucks shit either. My own home brew is the best!
- I have actually been thinking about the holidays coming up. I used to DREAD this time of year. Now I look forward to having my family over for holiday dinners-we have the best time. Love them.
- Good health. For the most part all of us are pretty happy and healthy. This is HUGE.
- For our troops, God bless them all.
- Blogger buddies, I read everyone daily. I suck at comments, but I DO enjoy reading y'all
Oh and how could I forget BEJEWELLED BLITZ. Yea, like I need to be sitting here gettin' secretaries ass clickin' away like it's my damn job trying to get to first place every friggin day. Yep, just what my ass needed.
I hope you all have a blessed day...QUEEN....OUT