Friday, May 29, 2009

Slumlord

So slumlord doesn't see the need to improve anything around here. Why should he? He gets the rent on time (for 10+ years) and never has a problem with me as a tenant (so his wife tells me anyway). I say bullshit, if he's not going to fix or replace things dag nab it-I will. I am getting a new refrigerator and stove this weekend(NOT from him, that's for sure). While these old (or hes says "like new" HA!)appliances are out and before the new ones come in I will be laying down a new floor. I will take before and after pics and post later. You will not believe what he considers *OK* and *like new*. Ass. I'm sure I will be needing the *before and after* pics down the road for when I am moving outta here someday and he tries to say I owe him for anything. If anything he will be owing ME for the improvements. But he IS a lawyer so I need to be careful. So when I called him to let him know I got new appliances and he would need to get the old ones out he said "Leave the old out by the garage and I will have someone come get them and TAKE THEM TO THE DUMP!" Scuse ME? Are these the same *new* appliances that you didn't think needed replacing? Again I say-ASS.

I am going to Home Depot to pick out MY new floor! YAY! Queen....OUT

12 comments:

Gin said...

Oh yeah! You go! Hilarious that "like new" appliances are dump worthy. If they were so great you would think he would want to sell them or put them in his own home. Ha, ha! Have fun at Home Depot. We have a new Lowe's right down the street from us and I love walking through that place and imagining all of the great things I could do to my house.

Patrick said...

I love new appliances. Enjoy, and definitely keep those pictures!

DM said...

Dude, you totally typed "dag nab-it"

W.T.F.?

lol

Anybeth said...

FUN! I love remodeling. Pictures are mandatory, before and after.

Lou said...

A lawyer for a landlord? Oh, your majesty, tread carefully!

Syd said...

He does sound like a typical slumlord. Maybe it's time to get a good deal and buy your own place.

Anonymous said...

Laughing my ass off at what Sarah said...

Sage Ravenwood said...

Definitely take pictures and keep receipts as well. When you move out the frig and stove are yours. Some how I think he'll try to say their his and you tossed his stuff without his knowledge. Can't wait to see the pictures! (Hugs)Indigo

Vivvy said...

Let's get the floor down before he want's to PAINT IT

Queenneenee said...

this last comment was from my sister, who knows all too well how cheap and assanine my land/slumlord is. He actually had my counter top PAINTED when I asked for improvement. Uh-huh, thats right I said PAINTED. ASS

Bill said...

Ass.
Let's kill him.

Unknown said...

This is great we must have the same landlord...ours refuses to do work, we do it keep receipts and just know that when we move out we will be taking our great stuff with us...yes they are A$$es..indeed!

I cannot wait to see the pics too!

Many hugs,

G