Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What an awesome night

Here I go, spillin my guts all over the internet! HA! I am an alcoholic named Denise. I should really say I am a grateful recovering alcoholic. In one week, God willing, I will have three years clean and sober. Who'd of thunk it. If you knew me then, you certainly would not have thunk it! I went thru hell and back one too many times(and if you were unfortunate enough to have been with me, I would have brought you down with me as well), and it was time to clean up my act or I was gonna die. Die and leave my young son without a mom and with a father who is still out there using. I thank God every day for AA. It literally saved my life, and for that I will be eternally grateful.
Today life is worth living. Today I have a life. Today I can help others to recover. Today I have a son who is getting well, as long as I stay well. Today I have the respect of others. Today I don't have to worry about what I did or said last night, because I am sober and I actually REMEMBER what I did and said last night! Today I can drift off to sleep instead of passing out (what a concept!) Today I don't have to lie, to cover up all the other lies I told. Today I can be a good mom. For all of this and more I am so grateful. JUST FOR TODAY.

No comments: